Need a celebrity spokesperson? Bypass Hollywood and turn your browser to YouTube. Recently, established brands have been on a wave of hiring YouTube video stars. You've likely heard of them.
For one, Hot Pockets has hired videogame lover Toby "Tobuscus" Turner. And SpikeTV has hired iJustine. YouTube "weblebrities" have begun muscling out the Kim Kardashians of the world for celebrity endorsements.
Keep reading for the 10 reasons why your brand should also consider hiring YouTube video stars.
1. Talent and a media buy in one. Great content that's perfectly targeted at an engaged audience—check. Millions of impressions—check. You can hire a top YouTube talent with millions of followers for the budget of George Clooney's hair products.
And even though many YouTube celebs are now commanding serious dough, you're getting their creative savvy and access to the large audience they've worked so hard to build.
2. True touchpoints. YouTube creators are like the NASCAR drivers of the Internet. They have a real, dedicated, and fiercely loyal fan base that actually follows their endorsements.
Fans have a deeper connection to that YouTube video star than they do with Justin Bieber. The YouTube star's word is that of a trusted "friend" vs. that of a millionaire pop star who is out of reach and out of touch.
3. Social media savvy. YouTube stars know how to work the Web. Beyond YouTube, they will broadcast your brand to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and all of the other social networks you never have time for. Simply put, they know how to promote on those channels.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Memorable Ad Jingles: Can Consumers Recall Classic Commercial Tunes?
- Holiday Marketing in October? Why Ad Campaigns Should Start Early [Infographic]
- Google Ads Mobile Benchmarks for 18 Industries [Infographic]
- 2018 Digital Advertising Trends: Which Predictions Came True [Infographic]
- The Psychology of Advertising: Thinking vs. Feeling [Infographic]