In a recent B2B Huddle event in the UK, I was asked to speak about The Future of Content Marketing.
It's a great brief: Content marketing has come such a long way in the last year or two and it feels like a good time to press "pause," spot some trends, and project them forward.
After putting aside all my Buzz Lightyear predictions ("Content Mind Guns!" "Google Implants!") I came up with Five Beyonds: five big trends that I really believe every content marketer should be planning for or exploiting right now.
Here are the slides from the session:
When Ann Handley saw those slides, she asked me to write an article that explored any one of the Five Beyonds. And since I want to be Ann Handley when I grow up, I waited a dignified period (3.2 nanoseconds) and accepted the challenge.
So here's my take on the first trend in the presentation: "Beyond Gutenberg."
The ink has dried
Gutenberg's invention has had a fantastic run.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]