In a recent B2B Huddle event in the UK, I was asked to speak about The Future of Content Marketing.
It's a great brief: Content marketing has come such a long way in the last year or two and it feels like a good time to press "pause," spot some trends, and project them forward.
After putting aside all my Buzz Lightyear predictions ("Content Mind Guns!" "Google Implants!") I came up with Five Beyonds: five big trends that I really believe every content marketer should be planning for or exploiting right now.
Here are the slides from the session:
When Ann Handley saw those slides, she asked me to write an article that explored any one of the Five Beyonds. And since I want to be Ann Handley when I grow up, I waited a dignified period (3.2 nanoseconds) and accepted the challenge.
So here's my take on the first trend in the presentation: "Beyond Gutenberg."
The ink has dried
Gutenberg's invention has had a fantastic run.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Social Distancing Is Changing the Way We Write. That's a Problem.
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]