Have you ever come across a blog, read (or skimmed) a couple of entries, and then surfed away for good? That's exactly what you don't want your blog visitors to do. You want return visitors who are engaged by your content, because they are the folks most likely to convert to customers.
The following "secrets" will help you turn casual visitors into loyal fans.
1. Keep your content fresh and simple
Constantly publishing new content makes for a happy reader and a happy search engine. You don't need to post every day (although some bloggers do), but you should add something new to your blog at least once or twice a week.
Also remember that you're blogging, not writing a novel. When online readers see long sentences and paragraphs, they quickly tune out and move on to something easier to digest.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Break up your points into short and to-the-point sections.
- Sections should be no more than three or four short paragraphs.
- Use bullet points and number lists as often as possible.
2. Fit in, but stand out
It's all well and good if your interests are in botany and your posts typically center on the rare indigenous species of the Island of Samoa. Just don't expect to draw a large crowd by writing about a subject only a few are interested in.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand
- How Much Does a Video Cost to Produce? [Infographic]
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World