Have you ever come across a blog, read (or skimmed) a couple of entries, and then surfed away for good? That's exactly what you don't want your blog visitors to do. You want return visitors who are engaged by your content, because they are the folks most likely to convert to customers.
The following "secrets" will help you turn casual visitors into loyal fans.
1. Keep your content fresh and simple
Constantly publishing new content makes for a happy reader and a happy search engine. You don't need to post every day (although some bloggers do), but you should add something new to your blog at least once or twice a week.
Also remember that you're blogging, not writing a novel. When online readers see long sentences and paragraphs, they quickly tune out and move on to something easier to digest.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Break up your points into short and to-the-point sections.
- Sections should be no more than three or four short paragraphs.
- Use bullet points and number lists as often as possible.
2. Fit in, but stand out
It's all well and good if your interests are in botany and your posts typically center on the rare indigenous species of the Island of Samoa. Just don't expect to draw a large crowd by writing about a subject only a few are interested in.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Win Friends Who Influence People: SAP Ariba's Amisha Gandhi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Video Marketing Strategy
- B2B Marketing People Line Up to See: Cybereason CMO Cindy Klein Roche on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2019 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- Hearing Voices: How to Create Impact With the Right Voiceover [Infographic]