Marketers already know the importance of SEO, but building a comprehensive program can be overwhelming and difficult.
With so many businesses jumping into the online space, it might seem futile to dedicate time, money, and resources trying to get on the first page of Google.
If the thought of SEO makes your head hurt, here's a tried and tested step-by-step guide on how to create and execute a killer SEO keyword strategy.
Methodology to Find New Keywords
Using Google's Keyword Tool, you can experiment with finding keywords in two ways:
- Keywords that are relevant to your product offering or service
- Keywords used to find direct and indirect competitors of yours
Satisfying No. 1 is based on using a combination of logic, intuition, and looking at existing keyword data from AdWords and Google Analytics. Try thinking "if I were a potential customer who had no knowledge about my company, what would I type into Google search to find the product I'm looking for?"
For example, one possibility for a marketing firm is "content marketing," so you would input that term into the Keywords Tool to analyze its search volume and relevancy to your product offering.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The 20 Biggest Winners on Google Search Last Year
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords
- Alexa, Revolutionize My SEO Strategy: How to Capitalize on AI-Assisted Voice Search