Just as with Google search, you have both free and paid-advertising promotion options with YouTube. The free ones include optimizing for YouTube search and social networking, while the paid alternative is using AdWords for video.
Now, can a marketer combine free and paid YouTube promo methods in a campaign? Of course. Moreover, if you do it the smart way, each individual method becomes more effective. For example, if your get more video views with AdWords, that will help those videos rank higher in YouTube search.
In this article I'll discuss...
- How to use AdWords for videos to promote a brand via YouTube advertising
- How to make YouTube videos visible in search (for free)
- How to effectively combine YouTube AdWords and YouTube SEO in a campaign
Using Google AdWords for Video
Announced in September 2011, AdWords for video has been gaining traction ever since. And, for many, it's no longer a matter of whether or not to use it for YouTube advertising, but how.
Luckily, doing so has just become easier. Google simplified YouTube ad formats (discontinuing TrueView in-slate ad format as of June 1, 2013), which means it has now become easier to understand what format means what, where your ads will show up, and so on.
So, here are five AdWords for video options available to YouTube advertisers today.
1. TrueView In-Search Ads
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things