You can maximize the value of your marketing materials while maintaining fool-proof brand consistency.
Your brand has a story, and it's nearly impossible to tell that story without some form of digital media. As your brand, your product and service offerings, and your organization grow, so too will your library of digital assets. Images, audio, video, documents, and more are all vital tools for marketers.
Accordingly, managing those assets effectively is as important a skill as any other. Here are five ways you can step up your digital asset management (DAM) game and keep the focus on telling your story, no matter how big you are or what kinds of systems you're using to store and distribute media.
1. Centralize your media library
Except in rare situations, there's just too little benefit and too much risk involved to justify having your digital assets spread out across more than one location. Doing so invites redundancy and confusion, especially if there aren't strict protocols in place that help people figure out what media is housed where. At best, disparate storage adds to the time it takes for any one person to retrieve the assets needed for a given task.
What "centralization" requires varies from organization to organization. It usually makes the most sense to put all your stuff in some cloud storage location. Whether that's a digital asset management solution or some consumer option like Google Drive or Dropbox, centralization beats letting your assets live on multiple people's hard drives or various in-house servers.
2. Get a handle on your repurposing processes
Any given asset might end up destined for a wide variety of media, whether that's print, Web, or video; you'll need to deliver your digital assets according to certain size, color, and other specifications to ensure you're represented correctly and consistently.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]