"The next big thing in content marketing is video," Justabout Everyone, Company ABC.
I can't credit that "quote" to anyone in particular because it's been said by so many, from those in online media to B2B marketers. The truth is... as much as marketers love surveys and trend data, sometimes it's just blatantly clear that something is upon us. Enter video.
But, knowing hasn't yet translated into doing. Most folks are stuck. Video appeared on the scene so suddenly that marketers are still learning how to use it effectively. It's a black box. But it's time to crack it open.
Let's look at three driving forces that are shaping the evolution of content marketing, and the crucial role video plays within each:
- Key buyers are becoming increasingly influenced by video.
- Marketers need more feedback about their content.
- The pressure to show content ROI is increasing.
1. Key buyers are becoming increasingly influenced by video
All great marketers know that everything starts with the buyer; the marketer's job is to deliver content and engage buyers in the most effective ways possible. Doing so requires continual assessment of not only what content buyers are seeking but how they're choosing to consume it and the influence it's having on buying behavior.
In the B2B world, typically, the higher up you can engage, the better, so understanding the content consumption behaviors of C-level executives is extremely important.
A recent Forbes study of more than 300 C-level executives at large US companies (over $500 million in revenues) revealed surprising insights on the growing impact of video content:
- Video is becoming a critical information source for senior executives. More than 80% are watching more online video today than a year ago.
- Senior executives are turning to video more frequently. 75% said they watch work-related videos on business-related websites at least weekly.
- Work-related video can drive executives to take action. Overall, 65% have visited a vendor's website after watching a video.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]