Believe it or not, the holidays are right around the corner. And as we gear up for holiday campaigns, analysts are predicting that this year social and mobile will play a larger role than ever.
The stakes are now higher, and brands and retailers will need compelling, omni-channel campaigns that go beyond traditional coupons and sale notices to engage connected shoppers this season.
But how do you make the transition from marketing strategy to actionable tactics in time for the holiday season?
Well, if you need some inspiration, here are three ways you can integrate social—and mobile—engagement into your holiday campaigns for that magical "snowball effect."
1. Make your customer's life easier
Interaction via a wish list can help keep your customers organized and happy, not to mention helping to ensure that your brand stays top of mind. Wish lists also encourage users to explore products, share with their networks, and provide a convenient utility when consumers are shopping for your product or when visiting a retail location.
Sephora, for example, executed such a program brilliantly with its 2009 "Sephoraclaus" holiday campaign; fans posted their wish lists of products, the social feeds were aggregated for awareness, and Sephora granted one wish per day for 30 days.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?