You've probably noticed that there's an awful lot more content out there this year than there was last year. Project similar growth in the next year or two, and you're looking at an Atlantic-and-a-half of new content, all begging for you customers' attention.
On the one hand, it's a good sign: It shows that marketers are getting hip to the power of content. On the other hand, if you're a marketer, it's also a warning sign.
With that in mind, we created a new rant on SlideShare called "Crap. The Content Marketing Deluge." It's a plea to all marketers to start focusing on one thing: creating a Great Content Brand that's strong enough to survive the coming deluge.
A Great Content Brand is the only thing that will protect you from the erosion of engagement that the vast majority of content marketers are about to experience.
So it's important... maybe the most important thing you can put your time, energy, and budget into.
Take a look at the slides and we'll reconvene below:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]
- Seven Ways to Build a Loyal Customer Base With Content Marketing
- The Content Characteristics of High-Performing Blog Posts