You've probably noticed that there's an awful lot more content out there this year than there was last year. Project similar growth in the next year or two, and you're looking at an Atlantic-and-a-half of new content, all begging for you customers' attention.
On the one hand, it's a good sign: It shows that marketers are getting hip to the power of content. On the other hand, if you're a marketer, it's also a warning sign.
With that in mind, we created a new rant on SlideShare called "Crap. The Content Marketing Deluge." It's a plea to all marketers to start focusing on one thing: creating a Great Content Brand that's strong enough to survive the coming deluge.
A Great Content Brand is the only thing that will protect you from the erosion of engagement that the vast majority of content marketers are about to experience.
So it's important... maybe the most important thing you can put your time, energy, and budget into.
Take a look at the slides and we'll reconvene below:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]