Because of the wide availability of opportunities to create surveys using free online survey software, you can quickly and easily gauge customer satisfaction or interest in new product offerings via customer surveys.
When using a free or subscription-based online tool to create a survey, however, you must be certain that the survey is carefully designed to yield the most valuable data.
1. Preliminary Research
Online survey software makes it easy to create multiple surveys, which means you don't need to create one survey to address all of your market research needs.
So know what it is you want to know:
- What information do you need from your survey?
- What do you plan or hope to do with that information?
Different goals require different types of data from customers or potential customers. For example, the information you gather prior to launching a new website will be different from the information you'll solicit before adding a feature to an existing website.
2. Determine the Target for your Survey
Almost all survey software enables you to enter an email list. How do you determine which people to include on that list?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys: Questions You Can Ask [Infographic]
- Are Cognitive Biases Causing You to Make Bad Marketing Decisions?
- Four Ways Design Can Help You Market to Women
- How Data Can Lead You Astray: Six Costly Mistakes
- Are Surveys Dead? Five Ways to Breathe New Life Into Your Customer Research