We recently launched an ambitious content marketing initiative—for ourselves. As a marketing agency, we do similar projects for clients all the time. I figured that writing for ourselves, about subjects we knew so well, would be easier than the ghost-writing, prodding, and project management that goes into a typical client project.
I was wrong.
We came up with the following scope for Phase 1:
- 100 short "Q&A" articles
- 18 "medium" articles
- 3 "long" articles
- 3 interviews
Total: 124 articles over roughly 3 months.
That works out to about two articles per week for each full-time employee (all of whom are participating). This article was written as we started No. 30, and it was originally published as article No. 40.
Why We're Doing It
Content marketing is going to become an increasingly important component of virtually every company's overall marketing program. That includes us. So, we're launching our own content marketing to attract new clients.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Top 10 Video Trends [Infographic]
- Six Tips to Ensure Your B2B Content Marketing Efforts Are Not Wasted
- Why You Need to Produce Original Research: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Clare McDermott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 7 Deadly Sins of B2B Content: GoToWebinar's Daniel Waas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Less-Popular Content Marketing Tactics That Still Generate Traffic, Links, and Social Shares