For too long, marketers have taken the easy way out: emailing every campaign to their entire database. Though simple to execute, such a "batch and blast" approach no longer works in a world where each email competes with thousands of digital, mobile, and social messages. It can be nearly impossible for your email to stand out and get noticed.
But there's good news. You can cut through the clutter by creating personalized email campaigns that are relevant—sometimes irresistible—to the people you are trying to reach.
Companies need to adopt new strategies and technologies that allow them to convert from "broadcast to personal" and drive customer engagement to accelerate business results.
Where do you start?
1. Take control of your data
Create a 360-degree view of all customer data sources
Data reflects your customer's persona and personal traits, and so it can help companies better understand and target relevant messaging to them.
In Bluewolf's annual study (email required for access to report), data was the second largest budgeted initiative for marketers, likely because 63% of marketers don't have a single dashboard to measure marketing activities.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Most Appealing Images for Your Email and Content Marketing
- Groundhogs, Coffee, and Oktoberfest: Top-Performing Unconventional Email Themes
- Five Email Trends and Best-Practices for 2019
- Four Steps to Ensure Your Email Campaigns Work