Collecting contact details from website visitors is crucial for any business. When your visitors give you their contact details, it's the first yes on a "yes ladder" to eventually becoming your paying customers.
Here are examples of 10 proven tactics to increase newsletter subscriptions.
1. Header Bar
This section is prominent, and it can be made to float down with navigation so it's always there. Adding a countdown to create sense of urgency and combining it with a good value proposition can serve as subscription booster. To add such a toolbar to your website use HelloBar, ManyContacts, or similar solutions.
Here's a great example from Quicksprout:
Why does it work?
- The color of the toolbar differs from the overall design's color palette, so it is noticeable.
- Its value proposition is to share free knowledge about how a well-known brand (TechCrunch) has increased its traffic—and visitors would like know about the tactics that industry leaders use.
2. Pop-Up Notice When Users Go to Close the Website Window
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate