As a marketer, you're often wearing many hats and simultaneously managing a variety of responsibilities and tasks—from social media to content creation. Luckily, there's an app or service for almost every marketing activity out there, with new ones popping up every week.
As helpful as such tools are, the sheer quantity available can make it overwhelming to figure out which ones you need.
This article is based on the recently published e-book, 20 Tools for Clever Marketers, including some the most popular tools used by marketers from brands such as Nike and L'Oréal.
Idea Generation and Organization: Feedly, Mention, Trello, Zapier
The best marketers don't live in a bubble, they constantly absorb information and analyze the latest trends. With so much content being shared each day, it's important to stay organized so that you don't miss out on key opportunities.
Tools such as Feedly and Mention let you track topics based on the news source or the keywords that you choose. They help you to not only monitor the conversations happening around your brand but also generate new ideas for your own content.
Once you've nailed down your information sources, it's time to tweak your daily activities so that you work smarter, not harder. Trello lets you organize all your information on a visual dashboard and share it with your coworkers, making collaboration more centralized and efficient.
You can then increase your productivity even more by cutting down on manual, repetitive tasks by connecting all the apps you use with Zapier.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Company Behaviors That Employees Won't Tolerate
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Engagement: Three Ways to Improve Your Strategy and Approach
- The Most Unacceptable Office Communication Habits and Manager Behaviors