Five months into 2015, and search and content marketers have likely been deep into the grind of links, keywords, content, and conversions.
As you keep working hard (and smart), you would do well to adopt the following five strategies to keep your momentum going into the next year.
1. Send social signals
A lot of digital marketers complain about the low proportion of incoming traffic from social platforms in relation to the efforts spent on those platform, but a silver lining has finally been added to the social big picture.
Just as backlinks act as votes for your site, raising your domain authority and rankings, so too does the popularity of content you share on social media.
After years of hemming and hawing about social media's relative importance to search rankings, Google finally acknowledged its place as a valuable visibility factor, albeit in a subtle way.
Late in 2014, Google loosened its grip and took the first steps toward allowing non-Google social media platforms to be featured on its search engine results pages (SERPs). Social media platforms other than Google+ made their entry into Google's Knowledge Graph.
With the removal of Google authorship, as well, from search result snippets, you can expect social signals from popular platforms to gain in importance in the years ahead.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]