Using effective imagery is a big part of the marketing process. By combining images with useful information and conveying your brand, you'll be well on your way to building an engaged community of followers.
Visual content is one of the most effective ways to communicate. An idea conveyed successfully via graphics will captivate an audience more effectively than text will.
For example, compared with Facebook posts and tweets that don't have visuals, visual posts on Facebook receive 53% more likes, and tweets that contain images receive double the retweets.
By choosing the correct images and applying appropriate filters and other graphic techniques, you can engage social media followers and increase their numbers.
Use an appropriate style to attract your customer
When people see any of your visual content marketing, you want them to immediately identify your brand. Create a visual style that sets you apart and targets the consumer base you are trying to reach. (Check out Canva's new branding and design e-book, a beginner's guide to building a brand.)
After the fashion conscious? Create stylistic social graphics that speak to fashionistas. Research the typefaces, colors, and filters that are popular within that industry. If you are aiming for a younger generation, keep your imagery energetic and exciting. Members of Gen Y don't stop, so keep your content fresh and compelling.
To help build brand recognition through consistency, it might pay to create a template that you can duplicate and edit.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]