There are a ton of reasons that top brands—and small companies—are active on SlideShare. After all, it provides an enormous opportunity for any content marketer.
Recently, I collected more current statistics than the ones that flew around the Web after "The Quiet Giant of Content Marketing" infographic was published.
The managing editor of SlideShare told me that SlideShare...
- Gets 70 million unique visitors per month
- Has more than 18 million uploads to date
- Is one of the Top 100 most-visited sites on the Web
But the most amazing statistic of all is that only 15% of marketers use it, according to the 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report (PDF).
That's right... 85% are missing out.
So in my content marketing consulting work, I often find myself talking to marketers who are among the 85%. First, I tell them that SlideShare exists. Next, I get into its benefits. Heads begin to nod. Eyes open wide.
And, finally, as we begin talking about the possibilities of working together to publish content on SlideShare, I get into its vast features.
Though I've been publishing on SlideShare consistently for four years and recently earned the cool distinction of SlideShare "Keynote Author," I often find myself discovering new features and hacks.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World
- The Most Annoying Things About Brands' Content
- How to Integrate Influencer and Emotional Marketing to Improve Your Content Program
- Empathy Mapping for Marketing Content: What It Is and How to Do It Well