Targeting and buying online audiences has never been easier or more affordable. Programmatic ad buying options give advertisers access to 95% of Internet users, with more than 40,000 audience attributes and characteristics from which to target.
In short, your best prospects are readily identifiable and reachable.
But even the right audience can be hard to engage.
The key to making your audience care is relevance. Here are ten tips for maximizing relevancy.
1. Tap into users' passions
Get to know your audiences. Create profiles and personas. Go way beyond demographics. Engage with them around the issues they care about, and understand their pop culture.
Various tools and methods that can help you are right at your fingertips. Make use of audience insight features offered by Facebook, Twitter, and other networks. Follow current conversations.
Use analytic listening tools to monitor relevant topics, but engage only when it feels authentic. Your online-display ad partners have access to numerous psychographic, life-stage and other audience insights after a campaign has run, so make sure you ask for it.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels