Positive reviews are great for your business. After all, whose words are customers more likely to trust—those of the company selling the product, or those of someone who's actually bought the product?
Some 90% of participants in a Zendesk study said positive online reviews influenced their buying decision, while 86% said their decision was influenced by negative reviews.
While a lot of businesses focus only on what to do about the one or two negative reviews they've received, the most effective way to combat adverse feedback is to increase the amount of positive reviews for your product or service.
So how can you get more product reviews?
List yourself on review sites
Do some research to find the sites that are a good fit for reviews of your product. If you're a software company, for example, seek out sites dedicated to reviewing various categories of software. You just need to search for your product name plus "blog," "reviews," "submit my product for review," and so on, and you should come up sites on which you can list your products.
Daniel Lemin, author of ManipuRATED: How Business Owners Can Fight Fraudulent Online Ratings and Reviews, suggests listing your company on Yelp, for example, and then putting a Yelp badge on your website, "to make it clear you're on the site and [to] set up check-in offers to increase your customer's engagement with your business on the site.... [W]hen customers check into your business on Yelp, the next time they log into the Yelp site, they are presented with a reminder to leave you a review."
Make leaving a review as easy as possible
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]