It's so frustrating: You work hard running your business. You know your industry inside and out. You offer something that nobody else does. And you take precious time to write about it in your business blog. Yet... nobody is reading. Your social share buttons are untouched. And your comment sections are empty too.
And you're definitely not getting more phone calls or walk-in traffic to justify the time you've invested in writing a new post week after annoying week.
So, why isn't your blog getting the attention it deserves? You know people are looking for the expertise and answers you provide. What are you missing?
You're probably missing something all successful bloggers know how to do: write engaging content. Content so insightful and useful that readers become addicted. Hooked.
You, too, can write engaging content. You just need to make a few adjustments to your writing.
Use the following five methods to write a business blog that totally hooks your readers.
1. Write with all five senses
Include sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. Being factual in a business blog is important, but you can present your information in an appealing way. Immerse your reader, make him smell something stinky or hear something that makes him flinch. We are sensory beings. We respond to and remember writing that makes us feel something.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]
- Seven Ways to Build a Loyal Customer Base With Content Marketing
- The Content Characteristics of High-Performing Blog Posts