With social media, podcasting, videos, push notifications, and other mobile marketing channels taking over our lives, you may think that good-old email is losing its dominance in the mobile age.
Well, think again and take a look at the Litmus chart, below.
Around half of all the messages sent during the second quarter of 2015 were mobile-responsive—a 28% increase from the previous year.
What has led to this shift? Awareness. Marketers understand that user experience is super- important in mobile.
Optimizing the entire mobile experience is now essential for email marketing.
There are six components to optimizing your email marketing for mobile customers: design, copy, location, connectivity, and cross-channel integration. Let's cover them one at a time.
1. Design for Mobile
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability