Does your small business have marketing and branding needs, but not enough money to hire an agency or a consultant? Don't fret, there are still many options open to you to ensure that you're getting what you need to start or grow your business.
Here are just a few no-cost and low-cost resources from my new book, Beyond Your Logo: 7 Brand Ideas That Matter Most for Small Business Success.
Learn What You Can
Learn as much as you can about marketing and branding on your own. Even once the business can afford internal or outsourced specialists, some basic knowledge is highly valuable for small business owners and managers.
Classes, Seminars, and Webinars
A good start is to take classes and seminars. Many community colleges and universities offer a variety of small business marketing and branding courses. Some require in-person participation, others are available online.
(For topic-specific marketing seminars, MarketingProfs offers a variety of free and PRO online seminars and webcasts, in addition to MarketingProfs University courses, many of which include content suitable for small business owners and professionals who don't have a marketing background.)
Government Agencies and Nonprofit Organizations
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Events in a Post-Pandemic World: Opportunities for Innovation
- Digital Transformation During COVID-19: How Can Marketers Lead the Way?
- What B2B Buyers Want From Tech Vendors Right Now
- Five Ways to Keep Marketing Even If Your Marketing Budget Is Quarantined
- B2B Decision-Maker Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Marketing, Buying, and Sales