Does your small business have marketing and branding needs, but not enough money to hire an agency or a consultant? Don't fret, there are still many options open to you to ensure that you're getting what you need to start or grow your business.
Here are just a few no-cost and low-cost resources from my new book, Beyond Your Logo: 7 Brand Ideas That Matter Most for Small Business Success.
Learn What You Can
Learn as much as you can about marketing and branding on your own. Even once the business can afford internal or outsourced specialists, some basic knowledge is highly valuable for small business owners and managers.
Classes, Seminars, and Webinars
A good start is to take classes and seminars. Many community colleges and universities offer a variety of small business marketing and branding courses. Some require in-person participation, others are available online.
(For topic-specific marketing seminars, MarketingProfs offers a variety of free and PRO online seminars and webcasts, in addition to MarketingProfs University courses, many of which include content suitable for small business owners and professionals who don't have a marketing background.)
Government Agencies and Nonprofit Organizations
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]
- It's Time to Plan Your Back-to-School Marketing Campaigns: Stats and Strategies for 2019 [Infographic]
- Why Digital Marketing Is More Important Than Ever Before [Infographic]
- Understanding Modern Marketing: Marketing's Evolution and Digital's Impact