In today's digital world, blogging is an important piece of the marketing pie. By minimizing its importance, you're throwing away an opportunity to get your business some much-needed exposure.
Many business owners choose not to blog because they think they don't have the skills to write engaging content. But you don't need to be a writing expert to blog. You just need a few tips to help you along.
Here are five writing tips that'll automatically make you a better blogger and (hopefully) generate traffic to your site.
1. Use the AIDA formula
Many copywriters use a formula called AIDA to help with sales and marketing copy. You can apply the same formula to your blog posts. So, what is AIDA?
- Attention: You can grab your readers' attention by writing a powerful headline. Write something that piques their curiosity.
- Interest: You can engage your audience by telling a short story. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just something that will create a hook.
- Desire: Create desire. One way is to allude to something that will be happening in the near future. People are curious by nature.
- Action: Tell your readers what you want them to do.
2. Don't write for search engines
A long, long time ago, stuffing your blog posts with keywords would help attract more traffic to your site. Today's reality is that the value that the content provides for an audience is more important.
Sure, it doesn't hurt to have a strategically placed keyword in your headline or your title tags, but your content should always reflect your target audience's interests.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand
- How Much Does a Video Cost to Produce? [Infographic]
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World