Most email marketing campaigns do a lousy job of turning warm leads into new customers or clients.
There are countless ways to increase the results you get from email marketing. This article focuses on list segmentation, which dramatically increases your results and does so without annoying your prospects.
You've heard about segmenting based on buyers vs. prospects, warm vs. cold leads, and so on. Those are OK, but they're not going to give you the dramatic increases you're probably looking for. Instead, I'd like to show you how to use your email marketing platform to segment your audience based on the actual interests of your prospects.
So let's get to it with...
Tactic No. 1: Within Your Welcome Email
After every major email campaign, you should have some sort of "welcome" email explaining who you are, why those who have signed up are getting an email from you, and, of course, what you're going to do to help them.
Most welcome emails are boring—and, frankly, pointless.
The average welcome email does nothing but say "thank you" and confirm that the person is now part of the list and will be getting regular updates.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond
- Retail Email Engagement and Spend Level: A Correlation
- Eight Tips for Making Email Campaigns Mobile-Friendly [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Modern Email Preference Center and How to Build One
- What Every Marketer Needs to Know About Email Deliverability