Technical SEO mistakes are the silent killer of campaigns. They not only disrupt user experience but also make Google hate your website.
Keep the following fact in your mind as you read this article: When users don't like your website, Google doesn't like your website.
So, the goal of technical SEO is make the user experience flawless on your website.
Fixing the following mistakes will help you achieve that goal:
1. Your website is painfully slow
A slow site is a bad site.
Half of all Web users expect a site to load in two seconds or less. Most abandon sites that take longer than three seconds to load.
And that's not even the worst news... A one-second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]