More than ever, B2B marketers are held accountable to driving revenue—and proving that they are. We're investing in the right technologies and programs, and fueling channels and tools with high-quality, buyer-centric content.
But what's actually working and what's falling flat? Fully 50% of B2B enterprise marketers cite the inability to measure content effectiveness as a challenge.
If you're part of that 50% struggling to prove impact, start tracking the three key areas below—and start today.
The following three sets of metrics are what our marketing team at Kapost uses to create more powerful content that fills our pipeline. They will give you insight into the worth of your content and help you make more strategic marketing decisions to drive results and revenue.
1. The Health of Your Content Production Cycle
If you spend a significant chunk of time sifting through emails and attachments to get a single asset out the door... join the club!
Unfortunately, inefficiencies cut deeply into your time, productivity, and ultimately your budget. Inefficiencies in the content production process are costing midsize to large companies a whopping $958 million a year.
By tracking and optimizing your content production process, you'll get more content out the door faster and cheaper, because you will have created a systematic workflow that eliminates time spent wrangling confusing spreadsheets that cut into time (and therefore cost more money). And, ultimately, you'll pump more revenue into your company's pipeline.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]