Company: Weekly Reader
Contact: Tom Fischetti, Circulation Analyst, Weekly Reader; Jay Bower, President, Crossbow Group
Location: Stamford, CT
Industry: Publishing, B2C
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 1000
Weekly Reader, a Stamford, CT- based publisher of materials for elementary and secondary schools, wanted to improve direct mail renewal rates, which had been trending downward.
In the spring of 2005, the company wanted to redesign its renewal direct mail campaign in order to curb the downward trend and hoped to increase the response rate and orders for the fall 2005 school year.
Weekly Reader turned to a local marketing and communications agency, which suggested that changes in copywriting approach and the mailer packaging itself might well do the trick. And—voila!—they did.
Weekly Reader, which has been publishing educational materials for more than a century (it was founded in 1902), is the leading classroom-periodical publisher, with seven grade-specific editions and serving more than 7 million elementary schoolchildren in 50,000 schools.
The company, which was acquired by Readers Digest in 2007, also publishes branded periodicals and instructional materials, including Career World, Know Your World, and Current Health.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]