Company: XanGo, LLC
Contact: John Digles, XanGo's Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Lehi, Utah
Industry: Consumer packaged goods, B2C
Annual revenue: $1,000,000,000
Number of employees: 700
XanGo, LLC prides itself as a company of firsts. Founded in 2002, it was the first to market a beverage containing mangosteen, a Southeast-Asian fruit that contains xanthones, which purportedly aid cartilage and joint function, maintain intestinal health, and boost the immune system.
In November 2006, it also became the first to land a jersey-front Major League Soccer sponsorship, a landmark deal that is changing the face of professional sports in the US.
But alongside the many opportunities lay inherent risks: It was the first US sports sponsorship of its kind, and there was no model or promotional framework to follow—nor any guarantee that the American public would welcome such advertising.
With the help of sports-sponsorship specialist Amplify Sports and Entertainment, XanGo rose above those challenges, and in the process succeeded in increasing sales and brand recognition, doubling its distribution and securing a reputation as a company of firsts.
Soccer appeared to be a natural fit for XanGo, a global multi-level-marketing organization that places a strong focus on health and family. "Organically, we love the game," said XanGo Chief Marketing Officer John Digles. "We're an international company, and many of our people attend games worldwide."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 50+ Retargeting Statistics Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Boost Your YouTube Strategy With Bumper Ads [Infographic]
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]