Company: Sharp Electronics Corporation
Contact: Matt Picheny, Managing Director, Interactive at Lowe New York
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey (US Headquarters)
Industry: Consumer Electronics, B2C
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 53708
"Change" may well be the buzzword of the year, and one that Sharp Electronics adopted recently to both promote its AQUOS LCD line and generate awareness for its role in LCD (liquid crystal display) and solar-energy innovation.
The campaign, developed by Lowe New York, offered consumers "the power to bring change" and included interactive components such as a Facebook game that gave away "life changing" prizes.
Prize specifics were kept secret until awarded, as was Sharp's involvement in the Facebook application and other online elements.
That "mystery" factor was successful in escalating interest and buzz and gave rise to response rates 15% above target.
Sharp has led the LCD revolution, beginning with calculator displays in 1973, wall-mounted LCD televisions in 1991, camera cell phones in 2000, and the first 108" LCD display in 2007. Also, it has also been at the forefront of environmentally friendly manufacturing since the 1960s; it was the first to mass produce solar cells; and it runs what is considered the most advanced, eco-conscious factory in the world.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Memorable Ad Jingles: Can Consumers Recall Classic Commercial Tunes?
- Holiday Marketing in October? Why Ad Campaigns Should Start Early [Infographic]
- Google Ads Mobile Benchmarks for 18 Industries [Infographic]
- 2018 Digital Advertising Trends: Which Predictions Came True [Infographic]
- The Psychology of Advertising: Thinking vs. Feeling [Infographic]