Contact: Larry Gelfand, SVP of media sales for the National Hockey League
Location: New York, NY
Industry: Sports, Online Publishing
Annual revenue: $2,600,000,000
Number of employees: 430
Before there was any talk of automotive-industry bailouts, Chrysler LLC called on a group of Web publishers to help with improving consumers' overall perception of the Dodge brand. Chrysler was confident that if consumers' underlying attitude were improved, they would be receptive to Dodge's new product designs and features.
The campaign ensued with the launch of the brand's first crossover vehicle, the 2009 Journey, in early 2008. Chrysler engaged 15 Web sites to creatively tout the new vehicle's innovative features, generating positive online exposure for Dodge and ultimately driving brand opinion.
NHL.com—the official Web site of The National Hockey League—was best able to cut through the clutter and deliver the brand message, and was therefore more successful in lifting brand opinion than any other enlisted site, according to Nielsen IAG.
NHL.com strategically infused Dodge product promotion into video and editorial content surrounding the Stanley Cup, creating a customized and successful online campaign.
Dodge is Chrysler's best-selling brand, with 6.2% share of the US automotive market. The brand has undergone a fairly significant makeover throughout the last few years with the redesign of models past—including the Charger, Challenger, and Magnum—and the introduction of new "bells and whistles" that fit today's consumer lifestyle.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Guide to Business Ethics and Social Responsibility [Infographic]
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Old Logo vs. New Logo: How Consumers Feel About Six Brand Redesigns
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]