Company: Sony Electronics
Contact: Mildred Center, Director of Web Services at Sony Electronics
Location: San Diego, CA
Industry: Personal electronics, B2C
Annual revenue: $2,147,500,000
Number of employees: 26000
About half of all Americans say that companies not only should have a social media presence but also should interact with customers via social media, according to a Cone survey conducted in late 2008.
Sony Electronics rolled out a series of online, community-focused features in 2008, including electronics-related courses and tutorials, forums and discussion boards, contests, and more—all aimed at providing value for, and making a connection with, personal electronics users of all brands.
The endeavor is already paying off with high usage rates, increased insight into consumer preferences, consumer loyalty and advocacy for Sony products, and month-after-month growth in product sales.
Some 59% of Americans who use social media (approximately 60% say they do) report that they interact with brands via social media, according to the Cone 2008 Business in Social Media Study fielded by Opinion Research Corporation in September 2008.
Moreover, 41% say they prefer that companies solicit product/service feedback via social media, 56% say they feel better served when they can directly interact with brands via social media, and 37% say companies should develop new ways for consumers to interact with their brands via social media.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)