Company: Boston College Athletics
Contact: Jamie DiLoreto, Boston College's Associate Athletics Director for External Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Industry: College Sports
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: Confidential
Score one for Boston College (BC), which had just two weeks to generate ticket sales and inspire alumni and fans to make a last-minute trip to Florida after the school's football team secured its first Atlantic Coast Conference title game, in 2007.
Working against time, BC's athletic department scurried to put together an enticing voice-marketing campaign that, at a cost of just $10,000, would yield 5,000 ticket sales and $200,000 in profit by game day.
BC was so happy with the results, in fact, that it has continued to replicate the campaign, with consistently similar results.
Boston College, home of the BC Eagles, came out strong in the 2007 football season, starting with a win over Wake Forest, then North Carolina State and Georgia Tech, eventually going on to its first ever Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) title game, set to take place on December 4, 2007 in Jacksonville, Florida.
Having clinched the Atlantic Division late in the season—only two weeks before the ACC Championship game—BC had just two weeks to sell as many tickets as possible and ensure solid support in the stands some 1,160 miles away.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Types of Events That Will Fuel Sales for Your Brand
- Five Keys to Building Better Buyer Experiences
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Account-Based Marketing (But Were Afraid to Ask): Samantha Stone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Set Up Your Lead Generation System: A Six-Step Guide [Infographic]
- Forget the Funnel: Join the Buyer's Journey With Lifecycle Marketing Instead