Dialing Isn't Dead: How B2B Marketers Can Pick Up the Phone and Pick Up Business
- Michael A. Brown
- Thu., Oct 02, 2008, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
When e-marketing hit its stride, you didn’t toss out your telephones, did you? Neither did your business prospects and customers. Indeed, Americans have more phones now than ever. And because of email message clutter, deliverability hurdles, and outright deception online, selling by phone is enjoying renewed importance and vibrancy in B2B marketing.
In this provocative 90-minute seminar, find out how to use the phone effectively and get the results you’re seeking. You’ll increase the likelihood of finding, landing, and keeping customers more reliably — and more often. Topics include:
- The impact that online and multi-channel marketing has on phone-based marketing
- Some really dumb things that B-to-B marketers say on the phone
- Tactics for eliciting valuable, qualifying information: conversations, not interrogations
- Why "qualified / not qualified" is wrong, and what to do instead
- True stories from the real world: two errors, three hits, one grand slam
PLEASE NOTE: During the live broadcast, we experienced connection problems and lost part of the audio during Q&A. We re-recorded that portion of the presentation and added it to the end of the presentation for you.
Michael A. Brown is known internationally as the Business To Business By Phone® expert. Since 1986, his consulting and training clients include a "who's who" of successful business marketers, from startups to the Fortune 100.
Michael is a top-rated speaker at the Direct Marketing to Business conference and at corporate marketing and sales meetings. Michael is one of BtoB magazine’s Who’s Who Top 100. He is based in Austin, Texas. His home on the Web is www.michaelabrown.net.
Who Should Attend?
- Executives and managers with direct responsibility for phone-based marketing and/or sales
- Directors and managers of integrated marketing campaigns
- Lead generation / development management and staff
- Senior managers of for-hire call service bureaus who want to differentiate their services and win more business
What Will You Learn?
- How to identify the pluses and minuses of your present phone strategies—what to keep and what to amend
- How to manage the media mix and contact timing
- How to plan and conduct calls that high-level contacts will accept
- How to favorably differentiate your company’s calls, improving key results ratios such as conversations/connects and leads/conversations
- Where and how to find good callers: in-house or outsourced
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.