Company: Coffee Groundz
Contact: J.R. Cohen, Managing Partner
Location: Houston, Texas
Industry: Retail, Restaurant
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: Confidential
Started in 2007, the Houston-area coffee shop was just another coffee shop until it found Twitter. Today, the Coffee Groundz is ground zero among local social-media fans—and sales have soared.
The Coffee Groundz is a coffee shop, bar, and all-around "hang-out" joint. Like all small businesses, it sought to distinguish itself. But coffee shops tend to be a dime a dozen, so it's not easy to get noticed.
Since opening more than two years ago, the owners of the Coffee Groundz had tried several methods to get new customers and increase sales. They tried print ads in local community magazines and newspapers, radio spots, and even working with local nonprofit groups.
Nothing seemed to work or deliver the type of impact that the Coffee Groundz desired. Then, early last fall, one of the owners began using something called Twitter.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]