Company: Coffee Groundz
Contact: J.R. Cohen, Managing Partner
Location: Houston, Texas
Industry: Retail, Restaurant
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: Confidential
Started in 2007, the Houston-area coffee shop was just another coffee shop until it found Twitter. Today, the Coffee Groundz is ground zero among local social-media fans—and sales have soared.
The Coffee Groundz is a coffee shop, bar, and all-around "hang-out" joint. Like all small businesses, it sought to distinguish itself. But coffee shops tend to be a dime a dozen, so it's not easy to get noticed.
Since opening more than two years ago, the owners of the Coffee Groundz had tried several methods to get new customers and increase sales. They tried print ads in local community magazines and newspapers, radio spots, and even working with local nonprofit groups.
Nothing seemed to work or deliver the type of impact that the Coffee Groundz desired. Then, early last fall, one of the owners began using something called Twitter.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement