Contact: Noah Anderson, President and CEO
Location: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Industry: Online Publishing
Annual revenue: $5,000,000
Number of employees: 10
PlanningFamily.com President and CEO Noah Anderson knew his site offered a strong value proposition for advertisers, but convincing them to advertise on his site on a cost-per-thousand (CPM) basis, without any guarantee of clicks... in this economy? Well, that was another story.
So Anderson introduced a new performance-based program: Advertisers pay only for the real leads they receive, thereby diminishing the risk of advertising on his site.
This approach allowed PlanningFamily to connect with a new advertiser base, and over the past year the company's ad revenues have doubled as a result.
PlanningFamily.com is an ad-supported community website for pregnancy and parenting information. It boasts more than 500,000 monthly unique visitors and between 90,000 to 100,000 new-member registrations per month.
Those numbers should seem attractive to the right advertiser; nonetheless, with the turn of the economy, PlanningFamily was having difficulty attracting new advertisers with its offerings, which consisted primarily of CPM display banners, newsletter sponsorships, and solo email deployments.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels