Contact: Steve Gehlen, General Manager, Global eCommerce, Icebreaker
Location: Portland, Ore.
Industry: Apparel and Fashion
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 200
New Zealand-based clothing brand Icebreaker partnered with its email-marketing agency, eROI, to successfully execute an 11-part email-marketing campaign promoting Iebreaker and ultimately driving 2009 holiday sales.
The campaign's goal was to encourage consumers to purchase Icebreaker clothing as holiday gifts for their friends and family. The primary market for the campaign was Icebreaker's US list of more than 25,000 subscribers, who are active outdoor-sports enthusiasts familiar with the Icebreaker brand.
Each email carried a test or a segmentation element, or both, that resulted in the final campaign series. In the end, the campaign included 11 unique emails, each weaving in a distinctive gift-giving angle; it drastically improved Icebreaker's 2009 holiday online sales levels year over year.
Because of the giant flux of emails that consumers receive during the holiday season, Icebreaker knew it was necessary to stand out with excellent creative and a strong strategy. Part of that strategy was to increase send frequency from once every few months to an aggressive 2-3 emails per week.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]