As mobile devices mature, consumers are shifting their online search habits away from the desktop toward mobile, and so changing the game for online advertisers and search marketers, according to research compiled from various sources by SEMPO's Emerging Technologies Committee.
That shift will offer new opportunities to more effectively target and convert consumers, SEMPO said. Some 64 million US wireless subscribers conducted mobile Internet searches in July 2009, compared with 37 million in January 2008, according to comScore:
The number of mobile searchers in July '09 comprises more than 20% of the total US population, 28% of US wireless subscribers, and more than 30% of desktop internet users, according to the SEMPO report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]