As mobile devices mature, consumers are shifting their online search habits away from the desktop toward mobile, and so changing the game for online advertisers and search marketers, according to research compiled from various sources by SEMPO's Emerging Technologies Committee.
That shift will offer new opportunities to more effectively target and convert consumers, SEMPO said. Some 64 million US wireless subscribers conducted mobile Internet searches in July 2009, compared with 37 million in January 2008, according to comScore:
The number of mobile searchers in July '09 comprises more than 20% of the total US population, 28% of US wireless subscribers, and more than 30% of desktop internet users, according to the SEMPO report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media