Asia/Pacific Internet users conducted 38.6 billion search queries in September 2009, a 33% increase over the previous year and a new record, according to comScore data.
Overall, Google Sites ranked as the region's top search destination with nearly 17 billion searches performed on its sites during the month, or 44.1% of Asia/Pacific searches. Baidu.com followed with 8.2 billion searches (21.3%) while Yahoo Sites took third place with 5.3 billion searches (13.8%).
Asia/Pacific searchers averaged nearly 88 searches per person during the month. South Korea's NHN Corporation, which owns Naver.com, generated the highest search intensity among the top 10 destinations, with an average of 81 searches per person. Google Sites were second, with 59 searches per person; Lycos Sites followed with 51 searches per person.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce