Touchscreen mobile phone adoption in the US grew 159% during the past year to 23.8 million users in August 2009, according to a study by comScore. The substantial growth in touchscreen phone adoption outpaced the already strong 63% growth in the adoption of smartphones.
iPhone Devices Dominant
The rate of adoption is being driven in large part by the Apple iPhone family, which owns 32.9% of the touchscreen device market for users 13 years and older. LG Dare follows with 8.7% of market share, LG Voyager with 7.8%, Blackberry Storm with 7.0%, and Palm Treo with 6.5%.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]