Touchscreen mobile phone adoption in the US grew 159% during the past year to 23.8 million users in August 2009, according to a study by comScore. The substantial growth in touchscreen phone adoption outpaced the already strong 63% growth in the adoption of smartphones.
iPhone Devices Dominant
The rate of adoption is being driven in large part by the Apple iPhone family, which owns 32.9% of the touchscreen device market for users 13 years and older. LG Dare follows with 8.7% of market share, LG Voyager with 7.8%, Blackberry Storm with 7.0%, and Palm Treo with 6.5%.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media