Businesses are gearing up to increase their marketing spend on email marketing and social media in 2010, making those the top two areas of marketing investment in 2010, according to the just-released 2010 Marketing Trends Survey by StrongMail Systems.
Signaling a positive economic outlook for 2010, 50% of more than 1,000 global business leaders polled said they expect their customers to spend more in 2010, and 23% expect them to spend the same. Only 8% expect their customers to spend less.
Moreover, 89% plan to increase or maintain marketing budgets in 2010: 48% plan to increase; 41% plan to maintain.
However, the marketing mix is changing, with email and social media the leading areas of increased investment:
- 69% plan to increase spending on email marketing.
- 59% plan to increase spending on social media.
- 42% plan to increase spending on search marketing.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Integrate Purpose Into Your B2B Content Strategy
- What CMOs Are Focusing On in 2019 [Infographic]
- How Brands Benefit by Using Virtual Reality to Engage Customers [Infographic]
- How to Clearly Articulate What You or Your Brand Do: Clarity Consultant Steve Woodruff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Top Challenges Facing In-House Creative Teams