By 2013, the geotargeted display advertising market is forecast to reach $1.9 billion, up from the $879 million spent on banners in 2008—a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16%—according to BIA/Kelsey.
The geotargeted segment is expected to rise to 15% of the display ad market share in 2013, compared with 10.2% in 2008.
The locally bought portion of the market, which primarily consists of small and medium-sized businesses, will record the highest growth, with a CAGR of 66% during the five-year forecast period. The SMB segment will grow from $45 million in 2008 to $565 million in 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]