Nearly eight out of ten US mobile content users have difficulty trying to access content due to slow page loads, phone/interface issues, and irrelevant content, according to a recent study conducted by TNS Global on behalf of Xiam Technologies. Moreover, mobile users report that 27% of the time, they are unsuccessful in finding what they are looking for.
Among US consumers who cite difficulty in accessing content:
- 61% say content is slow to load or hard to find due to the need to click through too many pages.
- 58% say they experience phone/interface issues.
- 15% say too much irrelevant content is a problem.
Users Rely on Search to Discover Content
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce