In the third quarter of 2009, Americans' consumption of new media formats grew at a brisk pace: DVR use increased 21% year over year, while the use of online video increased 34%, according to Nielsen's latest A2/M2 Three Screen Report.
Weekly Viewing Data
Although DVR and online video are becoming more widely used, consumers of all ages still spend the majority of their video time (nearly 99%) watching traditional television.
In the third quarter of 2009, Americans consumed a variety of media, including, on average:
- 31 hours of TV per week, with 31 minutes spent in playback mode with their DVR
- 4 hours on the Internet and 22 minutes watching online video
- 3 minutes watching mobile video
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]