ZenithOptimedia revised downward its forecast for global ad expenditure growth in 2009 to -8.5%, from its April prediction of -6.9%, after Q1 came in below its predictions, the firm announced (pdf) this week.
The second quarter of 2009, however, was not quite as tough as Q1, and expectations for the rest of the year remain unchanged as signs emerge that the downturn is approaching its nadir, ZenithOptimedia said.
It anticipates a mild global recovery in ad expenditures in 2010, followed by a return to growth for all global regions in 2011.
The following is a summary of company's ad spend analysis and 2009-2011 forecast for various geographies and media.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 50+ Retargeting Statistics Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Boost Your YouTube Strategy With Bumper Ads [Infographic]
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]