Consumers are using the Web more than ever to research insurance policies and request quotes: Searches containing the term "life insurance" grew to a record high of 16.6 million queries in 2009, up 15% from the previous year, according to a study from comScore.
Consumers also requested 2 million online quotes for life insurance during the same period, demonstrating Americans' increased comfort and reliance on the Internet when shopping for complex financial services.
MetLife.com was the insurance site most visited as a result of the search term "life insurance," accounting for 5.8% of search clicks (paid and organic), followed by NewYorkLife.com (2.8%), and StateFarm.com (2.5%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing With 'A-Peel': Savannah Bananas Owner Jesse Cole on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Branding and Design Are Inseparable: The Why, The How, and Two Examples
- Do Employees Get the Brand Story Right?
- Your Brand Safety Is at Stake: What to Do in the Era of 'Sleeping Giants'
- Six Naming Trends to Help Your Brand or Product Stand Out in 2019