Marketing campaigns that actively engage consumers online for longer periods of time—by enticing them to "Dwell"—are more likely to generate high conversion rates and are three times more effective at driving brand-related Web searches, according to a study by Eyeblaster.
A measure of rich-media interactivity and touch, Dwell was introduced by Eyeblaster in 2008.
Dwell Rate measures how successfully a digital ad captures user attention by quantifying the proportion of users who physically touch the ad. Dwell Time measures the length of user engagement with ads and various other characteristics of interactivity.
Engagement Leads to Conversion
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard Ads
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels