Many retail email marketers have learned that their best defense against subscribers' clicking the "report spam" button is to provide not only a friction-free process to enable unsubscribing but also options that ISPs can't give email recipients, according to a study by Smith-Harmon.
Overall, most consumers opt out of permission email because of the lack of relevance and high frequency levels, though they also unsubscribe because they want to re-subscribe with a different email address; accordingly, presenting multiple email management options in every email can be an effective tactic for reducing unsubscribes, according to Smith-Harmon.
More than one-third (37%) of major online retailers provide a link to change or manage preferences and 22% provide a change email address link.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]
- What Makes a Best-in-Class Email Marketer? These Six Things.