Nearly six in ten online consumers (58%) say they start their day by checking email, whereas 20% head straight to search engine sites and 11% check in with Facebook, according to a study by ExactTarget.
Email-first and Facebook-first consumers together constitute over two-thirds of all online adults, but each group comprises a distinct type of customer, ExactTarget found:
- Tend to be task-oriented, subscribing to more email and interacting with brands across email and social media channels to find deals, promotions, and new product information
- Tend to check their email more often throughout the course of the day
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]
- What Makes a Best-in-Class Email Marketer? These Six Things.