Nearly six in ten online consumers (58%) say they start their day by checking email, whereas 20% head straight to search engine sites and 11% check in with Facebook, according to a study by ExactTarget.
Email-first and Facebook-first consumers together constitute over two-thirds of all online adults, but each group comprises a distinct type of customer, ExactTarget found:
- Tend to be task-oriented, subscribing to more email and interacting with brands across email and social media channels to find deals, promotions, and new product information
- Tend to check their email more often throughout the course of the day
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews