Consumers who are Facebook fans are more valuable to brands: On average, Facebook fans spend $71.84 more per year on brands they are fans of than consumers who are not fans, and they are 28% more likely than non-fans to continue using that brand, according to a study by Syncapse.
In addition, fans are 41% more likely than non-fans to recommend a fanned product to their friends.
Among 20 top Facebook brands studied,* the average annualized value of an individual fan is $136.38. The five measured variables that contribute to that value are product spending, brand loyalty, propensity to recommend, brand affinity, and earned media value:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?