Facebook: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Marketing Tips for Livestreaming on Social Media [Infographic]Laura ForerMore and more social platforms are allowing livestreaming video because customers seem to prefer it to text posts. Which is why marketers should explore this engaging medium. See the infographic ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook's Sweeping Algorithm Change; LinkedIn's Repositioning: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook's biggest algorithm change in years; LinkedIn's campaign to reposition; networks that Americans want to see gone; LinkedIn has new competition in Ripple; leaked Snapchat data; a new network to ...
How to Create Engaging Social Media Campaigns That Get AttentionBen SailerGetting people's attention on social media is more difficult than ever. But giving up isn't an option. So... what should marketers do? Create well-conceived, well-written campaigns that cut through the ...
#SocialSkim: Snapchat Everywhere; Zuckerberg's Surprising 2018 Goal: 10 Stories This WeekChristian NeriWhy you might see a lot more Snapchat on the Web & why it might launch unskippable ads; Zuckerberg's personal 2018 resolution; Instagram recommended posts in user feeds & a ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook vs. 'Engagement Bait'; Amazon vs. YouTube: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook's war on engagement bait; Amazon just trademarked AmazonTube; Snapchat is teens' favorite; Twitter makes business direct messaging more personal; make your own Snapchat Lenses; 2018 marketing predictions from LinkedIn; ...
How Brands Can Tackle Livestreaming Video ChallengesElizabeth ClosmoreLivestreaming is fraught with risks at a time when a little bit of bad publicity can go a long way. But it's also a game-changer full of potential. It would ...
#SocialSkim: WhatsApp Business Features; Facebook's New Organic Reach: 11 Stories This WeekChristian NeriWhatsApp unveils business account features, hints at app for brands; Facebook redefines how it calculates organic reach; Instagram just reinvented the hashtag; with "threads," Twitter makes tweetstorms official; Pinterest's self-serve ...
How to Write the Most Effective Social Media Posts [Infographic]Laura ForerHow many hashtags and emojis, and number of characters—and what message types—should you be using for your social media posts? Today's infographic answers those questions about best-performing posts on six ...
Five Things Pro Facebook Marketers Do DifferentlyMadelyn Newman [Sponsored Content]Why is it that some brands seem to achieve success with social advertising, whereas others struggle to find the right formula? Read on for five secrets from Facebook marketing pros ...
Facebook 3Q17 Advertising BenchmarksAyaz NanjiThe average clickthrough rate (CTR) of Facebook ads increased both year over year and quarter over quarter in 3Q17, according to recent research from iProspect.
Facebook: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Facebook Advertising (Yes, for B2B, Too): Peter Reitano and Jeff Goldenberg of Abacus on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJeff Goldenberg and Peter Reitano, co-founders of the Facebook-first performance marketing agency Abacus, share insights on Facebook advertising and the future of agency marketing.
Social Media, CX, and Lessons From Working With Steve Jobs: LiveWorld's Peter Friedman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePeter Friedman, former Apple vice-president, and founder and CEO of LiveWorld, shares insights on social media for brands, customer experience, and business.
Raising the Roof With B2B Social Media: GAF Roofing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEmily Videtto and Alyssa Hall host the "Style My House" Facebook page for GAF, a 129-year-old roofing manufacturer with a complex B2B sales cycle. Videtto and Hall share their secrets to reaching a new audience through social media, audience research, ...
Facebook Marketing Expert Mari Smith Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFacebook marketing expert Mari Smith shares tips for achieving the best reach possible using a combination of paid and organic posts.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Kill Your Content: Mitch Joel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDigital marketing expert and author Mitch Joel shares insights from his new book "Control Alt Delete" and discusses such topics as social media and content strategy, and how marketers can prepare for upcoming technological changes.
A Passion for People: Intel's Ekaterina Walter Talks Entrepreneurial Success on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"All of us want to belong, and all of us really want to make an impact, and some of us... we invent Facebook," Ekaterina Walter, social media strategist at Intel and author of Think Like Zuck told me during this ...
Making the Case for Google+: Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGuy Kawasaki loves Google+ so much, he wrote a book about it: What the Plus! Since I've been rather slow to get on the Google+ bus, I invited Guy to Marketing Smarts to talk about why I should give it ...
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Facebook: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Add Live Streaming Video to Your Marketing MixBroadcast on 10/19/2017 with Ashley FausIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to use live stream video to connect with your community; the pros and cons of choosing a live streaming app over a traditional video, webinar, or podcast; and the types of stories you can tell with these emerging platforms. You'll also discover how brands across several industries have had success with live streaming video.
- Age of Disruption: Everything Has Changed and Nothing Is DifferentBroadcast on 1/5/2017 with Scott StrattenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you what's real and what's not in the business world today. You'll leave with an understanding of how the millennial generation will affect your business, why social media is not an ideal sales and marketing tool, and how your market forms buying decisions.
- How Social Media Can Help You Promote Your Event and Increase AttendeesBroadcast on 10/13/2016 with Beatrice WhelanIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how to create a social media plan that will help you meet your specific event objectives and goals. We'll show you how to use social to drum up online conversations and create buzz that influences your event prospects, and how event sponsors and exhibitors can use social to maximize ROI.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- How to Create Visual Content That Gets Shared and Drives TrafficBroadcast on 11/6/2014 with Donna MoritzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the principles of using visual content and how it can contribute to your overall marketing mix. We'll discuss the key elements to creating visual content that drives traffic, and provide you with tactical tips on how to achieve maximum impact in minimum time.
- MarketingProfs University: The Expanding Facebook UniverseBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Jeff BullasIn this PRO seminar, we will look at what Facebook means to the modern marketer, given its central role on an increasingly social Web.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Effectively Engage Your Customers on FacebookBroadcast on 1/10/2013 with Ekaterina WalterThis PRO seminar will provide you with actionable tips to effectively engage your fans on Facebook. We'll discuss how to scale your social presence globally, across multiple brands and business units.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- Growing Your Fan Base and Engaging Effectively on FacebookBroadcast on 1/20/2011 with Ekaterina WalterIn this seminar we will discuss lessons Intel learned while growing its fan base and how other top brands connect with different audiences through their Facebook programs. Plus, learn practical tips and creative, actionable tactics you can implement today.
Facebook: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Your CRM Data to Boost Advertising ROIReleased on 4/1/2016 with Joseph KerschbaumIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to boost your return on advertising spend (ROAS) by leveraging the data you already have. We'll cover practical tips on how to segment your CRM lists, upload them into Google AdWords and Facebook advertising, and use them to help you expand and refine your campaigns.
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10: The Three Rules of Facebook EngagementReleased on 5/4/2012 with Amy PorterfieldIn this Take 10, you'll learn three rules for effectively engaging with your audience on Facebook.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Set Up and Manage Effective Facebook AdsReleased on 7/22/2011 with Paul ChaneyIn this Take 10, Internet marketing specialist Paul Chaney walks you through each step of setting up a Facebook Ad account. He makes sure that you know how to create a Facebook Ad, how to target the right people with it, and how to navigate the different pricing and scheduling options.
- Take 10: 6 Ways to Take Advantage of Photo Strips on Your Facebook PageReleased on 6/17/2011 with Paul ChaneyIn this Take 10, internet marketing specialist Paul Chaney demonstrates how you can take advantage of the Photo Strip feature on your Facebook Page. He offers ideas for getting creative in your Photo Strip pictures and shares different approaches for using the feature.
- Take 10: How to Add a Facebook Like Box to Your WebsiteReleased on 5/13/2011 with John HaydonIn this Take 10, social media expert John Haydon will teach you how to add a Facebook Like Box to your website. You'll also learn how to customize the look and feel of the Like Box so it matches your website.
- Take 10: Crank Up Conversions With Your Facebook Welcome TabReleased on 11/12/2010 with Zach WelchDid you know that for every 100 people who visit a branded Facebook page, only an average of 23% convert into fans? In just 10 minutes, Facebook whiz Zach Welch will show you what to change, and how to change it, so that your fan conversion rates rise and you can effectively continue reaching out to those users.
- Take 10: Should You Have a Facebook Group, a Fan Page or Both?Released on 9/3/2010 with Jeff WidmanTo help you decide whether to start a Facebook Group or Page (or both), Jeff Widman efficiently identifies and analyzes the differences between them. He highlights which businesses need a Group, which need a Page, and which ones don't need either.
Facebook: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Marketer's Guide to Social Media ContentIn this 61-page guide, you'll learn how to, plan, develop, and optimize social content that captures and engages the attention of your audience.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.